Ryan and I checked out the new Ghostbusters movie on Sunday. I’d been looking forward to the movie since I first heard about it and it lived up to my expectations. Go see it. I mean it. It’s a great summer movie. Fun, exciting, great action sequences, and a killer cast. Kate McKinnon is my favorite and I’m tempted to see the movie again just so I can just watch Holtzmann in every scene.
In other news, I couldn’t sleep Sunday night and then I was thinking about books and remembered that BookTube-A-Thon started Monday. So at who-knows-a-clock I decided to attempt the challenge this year. With everything going on in the world right now, my brain could use a little escape and this might be exactly what I need.
Right now my TBR is:
Saga Volume 4
Saga Volume 5
Closer to Home
A Darker Shade of Magic
As You Wish
The Princess Bride
As you can see, there are 3 graphic novels on that list. Since I’ve got work during the day and other errands to do in the evenings I figured having 3 books I can breeze through in a few hours makes the challenge reachable. Plus I’ve been meaning to read those for months now.
* Recent events have really gotten me down, I’ve been struggling to write these last few days since I’ve been in a weird funk that I can’t shake. Apologies if this isn’t the worlds greatest post. But it’s something.
- Over the long weekend, we caught a couple of the UEFA Euro 2016 games. The Germany vs Italy game had the most intense overtime. Almost everyone in the bar was rooting for Iceland to win against France, we wanted to see the underdog win but sadly their run was up. One guy in the bar did share a funny explanation of how Iceland’s team was picked. We’ll probably be catching the final on Sunday.
- Ryan and I started watching Penny Dreadful (it’s finally on Netflix!) and after only one episode we are hooked. Truly a gripping and terrifying show. The ending to episode two though… heartbroken.
- I’m 35% of the way through The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey. It’s a new take on zombies and I’m looking forward to seeing where the book goes from here and find out what is going on.
- Been listening to The Doubleclicks for just about a week straight after seeing their concert last week. It’s my happy place.
- I’ve just discovered and have played around with Prisma in the last week or so. I have a few favorite filters and a few that clearly do not work with my coloring.
Hello everyone! December has flown by and the holidays are upon us. Hopefully you’ve gotten all your shopping out of the way, but if you’re looking for any last minute ideas for the gamers in your life, here are some suggestions:
- If you’re up for a little DIY, try your hand at making a Dice Box. It comes together really quickly, the longest amount of time is spent waiting for the glue to dry.
- Along the same lines are DIY dice bags. There are plenty of patterns around the web. These are fastest to make if you have a sewing machine, but you could probably make one in an evening by just hand sewing.
- Miniature Paints and Brushes are always a good call for gamers that love miniatures.
- Books! Anything in the same genre that they enjoy playing in can offer fun and inspiration for a campaign. I just recently discovered the anthology section of our local bookstore. Which is great if you aren’t sure what authors they like and they can help your friends and family discover their next favorite author.
- Supplementary Books for their favorite campaign. Pick up the latest monster book for your GM. Know one of your players loves a specific class, see if there is a supplementary book for that class.
- And if all else fails, a gift card to their local game store will always be appreciated.
I tackle the Sorted Book’s Art Assignment by sorting Ryan’s theater books.
The Assignment: https://youtu.be/A24MRdNMOIA
March is here, time for another update video!